A trademark is a word, phrase, symbol or design, or a combination of words, phrases, symbols or designs, that identifies and distinguishes the source of the goods of one party from those of others.
A service mark identifies and distinguishes the source of a service rather than a product.
No Expiration of Trademark Registration with periodic filing of Declarations of Use, Legal Presumption of Ownership Nationwide, and the Exclusive Right to Use
Conventional / Non-conventional Marks
- The name of the applicant;
- A name and address for correspondence;
- A clear drawing of the mark;
- A listing of the goods and/or services; and
- The filing fee for at least one class of goods or services